This Monday (20th of May), applications closed and, by the looks of it, many of you are anxiously waiting to hear back on your applications. Of course, this is great news, as it shows your enthusiasm, passion and dedication.
However, it must be noted that the SL10BCC crew has received more than a thousand applications. To break them down, here are some rough figures:
- Over 500 exhibitor applications
- Over 470 performer applications
- Over 350 volunteer applications
It makes sense that it will take quite some time for the SL10BCC crew to work through so many applications, evaluate them and notify the people that are accepted. Right now, priority is given to the exhibitors, as the SL10BCC regions will be opening for exhibitors to start work on Sunday, May 26th instead of the 27th as originally announced due, because on the 27th is Memorial Day in the USA.
Performer and volunteer applications will take a little longer to be processed – but don’t worry; the team is working flat-out to work through the overwhelming support everyone has shown for the event.
- May 26 – Sims open to builders
- June 6 – Photo contest closes
- June 16 – Grand Opening
- June 23 – Official Birthday day and final day of performances
- June 29 – Sims close to the public
- July 1 – All builds to be dismantled – sims go offline