Fitted Mesh, the method that Linden Lab chose to enable content creators to produce rigged mesh garments that will better fit our avatars, has been officially released, as the Fitted Mesh project viewer, which was in release candidate status up until now, has been promoted to be the main release version as of February 10, 2014.
Linden Lab’s announcement reads:
Today, we’re happy to announce that Fitted Mesh is available in the main Second Life Viewer! As we’ve previously blogged, Fitted Mesh gives Second Life content creators the power to craft mesh garments that make avatars look their absolute best. We’d like to thank the vibrant community of creators for their thoughtful feedback and help testing this feature.
The announcement also includes a video narrated by Torley Linden.
For more information on Fitted Mesh and the Mesh Deformer, please visit the links provided below.
- Fitted Mesh is here! – Linden Lab
- The Mesh Deformer is dead, long live Fitted Mesh (this blog)
- Articles on the Mesh Deformer in this blog
- Articles on Fitted Mesh in this blog
- Fitted Mesh coverage by Inara Pey
- Lab looks to make mesh garments fit better with the Fitted Mesh project viewer – by Inara Pey