Today was the third time I visited ALEGRIA Studio‘s dream-like and captivating exhibit “The Sea of Cubic Dreams” at LEA25 with the intention to take photos and write about it. The impetus for this came from the snapshots my friend Trinity Yazimoto shared on her SL feed, and from Honour McMillan’s recent post. I still have no information on their upcoming “Theater Night’s Dream” project, so I suppose they’re still working on it.
There have been changes, though. In previous incarnations (photos and coverage of which you can see on my blog and on my Flickr photostream), the Sea of Cubic Dreams was bathed in colours of blue and turquoise, immersed in a bright-shining night that made it a serene place to wander in. Now, the dominant colour is blood red; I’m not sure if there’s a symbolism behind it. Also, several additions have been made. But I suppose I’d better let the pictures speak for themselves.
It’s still a gorgeous exhibit, which I highly recommend to anyone. As I had already written, there’s a fun little interactive element. I’m looking forward to seeing what else the ALEGRIA Studio’s people will come up with as they keep working on it, and I can only encourage you to watch this space. Also, do have a look at their SL Marketplace store, because they also make some very interesting fashion accessories.
- Coverage of The Sea of Cubic Dreams on this blog
- Cubic Dreams & Round 8 LEA Applications in Second Life – by Honour McMillan
- The Sea of Cubic Dreams at LEA25 (Rated: General)
- ALEGRIA Studio
- Theater Night’s Dream, the new ALEGRIA’s project
- Ultrasonne – Ultraviolet Alter’s SoundCloud
- Adrift on a Sea of Cubic Dreams – by Inara Pey
- The Sea of Cubic Dreams – by Ziki Questi
- Maria Grot
- Noke Yuitza
- Galerie Artemis – Duna Gant’s blog
- Syra Hyun
- The Sea of Cubic Dreams at LEA25 – album on my Flickr Photostream
- ALEGRIA Studio’s SL Marketplace store